Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It'll be you and me up in the treees.

Well, Mr. is leaving us tomorrow for a quick trip north. I do wish that Illy bean and I could join him, but classes just get in the way sometimes. So instead, I tell little bean that we're having girls nights! Just her and I. Hanging out. I love when Mr. is home and hate when he leaves but I do get excited about my alone time. Never having lived alone, it's kind of like my special time to figure myself out some more. To get creative. To read a book (most likely an economics book, such is the life of a college student, right? plus I kind of love it...). But I know when he gets back Saturday night Illy and I will be glad to have daddy bean back.

Illy has become such a good travel kitten. That was one of our hopes, to train her into being a flexible, tolerant traveler. She is amazing! It's such a bonus when we take fairly frequent 5 hour car rides home, and tend to stay for a few days during holidays and breaks. 

On her first trip home when she was just a little fur ball she ended up sleeping in front of my seat. 
 She was so good though and slept almost the entire trip.

The next time we drove up it was just her and I and she went between crying and sleeping. It was painful. Now we're at the point where if all three of us are together, Mr. drives and I let Illy out to walk around. She'll go to the back window and watch the cars for a while, then she'll climb up front and cuddle with mommy. Sometimes she likes to crawl all over daddy while he's driving but we don't let her do that. We get some looks when she's in the windows :). 

On this last trip we were each driving a Cherokee down (thanks to Mr.'s lovely parents), which are much roomier than the Mustang we normally drive (something about a big blizzard down here, and Mustangs don't do well in snow). Anyways, since there was so much more room so Mr. put down some fuzzy blankets for miss bean and let her out and about. She calmed down after a while and roamed from fuzzy blanket to fuzzy blanket to nap. I was driving behind and every once in a while saw a little kitty silhouette. It was pretty ridiculously adorable.

So, Illy and I will be staying right here in the good O-H while Mr. ventures home. You can be sure we'll be indulging in lots of tea, a good ole' econ book, my lovely comfy couch, and food that I never get to make when semi-picky husband is around (I've got to give him the "semi", he's come a long way ;) ).

Come back to us soon, Mr.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment